Aktuelle Zeit: 18.06.2018, 19:15

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Roadwarrior and Net2Net
BeitragVerfasst: 24.07.2015, 01:19 
Apprentice
Themenstarter
Apprentice

Forgive me for the 2 parts questions.....
1) I am currently running OpenVPN on 2 systems (both running 2.1.9) to allow for remote access by users.

I am now interested in also implementing a net2net to join the 2 systems.

Can I run IPSec (Net2Net) in conjunction with OpenVPN (Raodwarrior)? Or can OpenVPN support both?

2) Currently the green networks of both systems are setup to 192.168.1.X. I access the web interface by going to https://192.168.1.1:8443

I would like to change the green interface on system 1 to be 192.168.100.X and system 2 to be 192.168.101.X.

Where do I make these changes? Do I use Setup? Will the DHCP also need to be changed or will it happen "magically"? Once the changes are in place, will the web address be updated as well to point to 192.168.100.1 and 192.168.101.1 respectively?

Renato

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Roadwarrior and Net2Net
BeitragVerfasst: 26.07.2015, 18:41 
Chief Superintendent
Chief Superintendent

renatohtpc hat geschrieben:
Can I run IPSec (Net2Net) in conjunction with OpenVPN (Raodwarrior)? Or can OpenVPN support both?
OpenVPN in a Net2Net configuration is not supported yet. Use IPSec Net2Net instead, which can be used in parallel with OpenVPN roadwarriors without any problem.

Do I use Setup?
Yes.

Will the DHCP also need to be changed or will it happen "magically"?
The DHCP server address will be changed automatically. If you configured manual DHCP entries for your host, you will have to adapt them manually afterwards on the WebGUI.

Once the changes are in place, will the web address be updated as well to point to 192.168.100.1 and 192.168.101.1 respectively?
Yes.

Don't forget that you can play around with your IPCop, once you have made a proper backup of your system: http://www.ipcop.org/2.0.0/en/admin/htm ... ackup.html If both the backup key as well as the configuration file are stored on a USB stick, it is extremely simple to recreate the configuration again. Just reinstall your IPCop and use the backup files. You can do this on a separate computer too to play around with your system without jeopardising your live IPCop configuration. There is just a tiny caveat: if you clone your IPCop to a separate machine with different MAC addresses of your LAN cards, you need to run the setup command and have to go through the allocation of the LAN cards again. This additional step is required due to differing MAC addresses of the LAN cards. You need to be quick then, because error messages are thrown to the console, which "destroy" the setup text GUI. Just go back a step then, and the GUI will be recreated.

I'd recommend to have a look to the administration manual in general as well. http://www.ipcop.org/2.0.0/en/admin/html/ And fiddle around with such a clone system to understand how everything works. Doing both in parallel will foster your understanding of IPCop.

Regards, zargano

BeitragVerfasst: 28.07.2015, 15:04 
Apprentice
Themenstarter
Apprentice

Zargano

Thanks for your input. For the benefit of the other users I am also posting the additional steps to handle the network reconfiguration.

I followed your suggestion (i.e. run Setup). For those of you running Proxy, you will also have to update the "Network based access control" to reflect the new addresses......

I changed that to
192.168.111.0/24
192.168.112.0/24

and voilà, the system was up and running.

Renato

BeitragVerfasst: 28.07.2015, 18:22 
Chief Superintendent
Chief Superintendent

Good to get this positive feedback :D

For those of you running Proxy...
To be more general: whatsoever manually entered input must be changed. Up to now, IPCop has no built in voodoo :floet:

Regards, zargano

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00